steampunk festival- 18th August 2018
Steampunk Tasmania had their first Festival in 2016 in with many Steampunker's travelling from all over the State and Interstate to attend the event. The 2018 Steampunk Festival is being held on the 18th August and is expected to be bigger and better. The Festival kicks off at 12pm with the Steampunk Cocktail Party commencing at 5.30pm, to buy tickets you can find the links below.
What you can expect to see at Steampunk festival:
- Live Music
- Steampunk Cocktail Party
- Teapot Racing - Entry Form
- Delicious food from local vendors
- Tea Duelling Championships - Entry Form
- Amazing Steampunk costumes
- MadHatters Tea Party
- Ben Miller Street Art
- Puppet Show
- Temporary Tattooist
- Bruce Trapps Steampunked instruments
- Model Steam Trains
- Dr Spork
book your tickets here
Total Event Experience
This Ticket includes access to all of the Steampunk Festival from 12pm and also includes a pass to the annual Steampunk Cocktail party heading into the night! Only $30.
Steampunk Cocktail Party
Buy your tickets for the biggest Steampunk event of the year! On the 24th June at 5.30pm the annual Steampunk Cocktail party will be held, adult tickets are $20 a head.
Steampunk guinness world record attempt
Rules and Regulations
Steampunk Tasmania is preparing to break the Guinness World Record for the number of people at one gathering dressed in steampunk attire. The record attempt will take place at the 2017 Steampunk Tasmania Festival in George Town.
The current record is 228 participants, set last year at the 2016 Steampunk New Zealand Festival. Can we beat it? – my goodnesss yes ! ...but we need everyone to get on board and be a part of this record breaking attempt!
There are several conditions which need to be met to have the record verified –
- For the purpose of this record "steampunk" is defined as a sub-genre of science fiction which involves Victorian period dress paired with modern gadgets which have been re-imagined for the steam age. Accordingly, all participants must be dressed in steampunk clothing
- All participants must be gathered in the one area simultaneously for five minutes
- For every 50 participants, there will be one independent designated steward.
- Participants must be counted individually be an efficient, accurate method upon entering the venue. We anticipate providing wristbands for all those eligible to be a part of the record attempt.
- The record attempt will be verified by images and video evidence.
How to be apart of it...
Would you like to be in the book of Guinness World Records? To be apart of this amazing experience, dress up in your best Steampunk costume, act the part, get in character, and get involved!
do you need costume inspiration? here are some ideas for you!
Steampunk fashion is a huge part of the genre, it allows individuals to show a creative flare in form of style. If you are after some outfit inspiration for the Guinness World record attempt in George Town, Tasmania, here are some ideas for you.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
If you would like to be apart of Steampunk Festival 2017 in George Town by having food stall, performing at the festival or just would just like some more information on the event, please fill out the form below.